1. HIRING: The hirer is responsible for ensuring that the conditions set out below are adhered to by all their guests.
2. CAPACITY: The capacities of the meeting room (40) and main hall (120) shall not be exceeded. Maximum capacities to include bar and catering staff.
3. TIME AND PURPOSE: The clubhouse shall only be used for the purpose stated on the application form. Events must not be advertised as open to the general public, without prior consent of the company.
4. SUB-LETTING: Under no circumstances shall the hirer sub-let the clubhouse or any part thereof.
5. RIGHT OF ENTRY: Members of St. Albans Townsend Bowls and Sports Club Limited, Townsend Bowls and Tennis Clubs have access to the clubhouse at all times. This access will be limited to the use of the small bar and cloakrooms during a hiring.
6. SMOKING: NO SMOKING is allowed in the clubhouse. The hirer is required to ensure that all guests adhere to this policy. Non-compliance may result in individuals being fined.
7. FIRE EXITS: The hirer undertakes to ensure that all fire exits are kept clear, that no chairs or obstructions are placed in corridors, and fire appliances are not tampered with or removed from sited positions.
8. SETTING UP: By prior arrangement and subject to bowls and tennis matches, the hirer can gain earlier access to the building in order to set up the function room.
9. CLEANING: The hirer shall leave the clubhouse in a clean and orderly condition at the end of the event. Liquid spillages should be cleaned immediately with a damp, not wet, cloth. The floor should be swept. The company reserves the right to make a charge at the rate of £20 per hour if this condition is not satisfactorily fulfilled.
10. KITCHEN: Use of the kitchen and its contents is permitted during the hours of a function. At the end of the function the kitchen surfaces, sinks, and appliances must be left in a clean condition; the cutlery and crockery (if used) replaced in the cupboards; and the dishwasher drained and wiped.
11. CATERERS: Caterers used by hirers must produce documentary evidence of public liability insurance, and the hirer accepts full responsibility for obtaining this evidence.
12. RUBBISH: All rubbish must be removed from the premises at the end of the function. Rubbish sacks may be deposited in the Cleanaway container situated at the rear of the car park.
13. LEAVING: The hirer is responsible for ensuring that guests leave the building quietly at the time agreed.
14. BAR FACILITIES ANDLICENCE: The bar will be open during the evening from 7-11pm from Sunday to Thursday and 7-11.30pm on Friday and Saturday. Bar facilities are available during the day upon request and subject to licensing laws. Alcohol will not be served to people under the age of 18 and the company reserves the right to ask for personal ID.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to contact the company representative at least two weeks before the event to discuss specific bar requirements in order that the necessary supplies can be ordered
15. DRINKS: All wines, champagnes and sparkling wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks must be purchased through the company. The hirer undertakes to ensure that neither their caterers nor the persons attending the function bring in any kind of drink purchased from an outside source. The only exception is the provision of soft drinks for children's parties, which may be provided by the hirer.
16. MUSIC: The playing of all forms of music and singing must cease at 11.30pm on the day of the hiring. The clubhouse is in a residential area and every effort must be made to avoid disturbing the neighbours by playing excessively loud music. All doors and windows must be kept closed whilst music is being played. The use of a dry ice machine is prohibited.
17. DISABLED ACCESS: The club has approved facilities for the disabled, including a wheelchair lift and disabled toilet.
18. DOGS: No dogs, other than guide dogs, are allowed in the clubhouse.
19. PRIVATE PROPERTY: No responsibility can be accepted by the company for loss of, or damage to, any property which may be brought onto the premises, including the car park, as a result of the hiring.
20. CONTROL: The hire is under the control of the company and all requests of the company representative on duty must be strictly followed.
21. CHARGES: The costs of hiring the clubhouse are set out on the attached schedule. A minimum20% deposit must be made at the time of booking and the balance received in full two weeks prior to the event.
In the event of cancellation of the function by the hirer, the deposit will not be returned and the company reserves the right to refuse any application or terminate the agreement at any time for non-payment.
22. CHANGES IN CHARGES: The Company reserves the right to change the charges for use of the facilities at any time prior to the hiring date, including after the acceptance of the application form and 20% deposit, after giving one month's notice in writing of its intention to do so. The hirer shall be entitled to terminate the hiring in writing within one week of receiving the notice of the change, and any deposit paid shall be refunded.
23. DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A £100 returnable deposit is required to cover possible damage/cleaning and should be paid by separate cheque with the balance of hire costs two weeks before the event. The hirer will be advised of any damage immediately after the function. The damage deposit cheque will be returned to the hirer seven days after the hire, subject to the following.
The hirer undertakes to be responsible for any loss, damage or breakage of the club's property or equipment as a result of negligence by themselves or their guests. The cost of making good any such loss or breakage will deducted from the damage deposit. In the event that the cost of damage exceeds £100, the hirer will be responsible for reimbursement of the balance to the company.
The damage deposit does not apply to children’s parties held in the meeting room.